Saturday, June 21, 2008

Tomato plant nursery

I decided to study the tomato plant from its seed until it bears fruit hopefully it would be within the period of the first semester. The seeds of the tomato plant that I planted had a size of around 2 mm by 2 mm. This is an outline for the events that occurred for the observation period of this week.


Planting of seed on the 15th of June 2008.















Seedlings starting to erupt from the ground on the 19th of June 2008















Seedlings have completely erupted from the ground on th 20th of June 2008














What I noticed is that the weeds (unwanted plants inside my plastic plant box) also erupted around the same time as my tomato plants. I tried to measure the size of the tomato seedling. Its around the height of a 1 peso coin placed upright (24 mm). The seed covers are still on the tips of some of the plant leaves.

No comments: