Un-opened flower bud.
This next picture is a flower cut in half. It reveals a symmetrical pattern. Note that there is the presence of separate sepals and petals. The stamen (at the middle looks like a yellow petal) is located beside the pistil. So the flower is a complete flower since there are male and female parts present.
I decided to remove the female part and I found it to be inside the sepal. This could be the reason why the blossom still is connected to the growing fruit even at three weeks from the time it blossomed. Since the growing fruit would tend to push the withered blossoms down and outward. It would also explain why the flower points downward since if it where upward then the vascular connection could be stressed further by twisting it.
I noticed that the remaining fruit with the blossom end rot had actually began to ripen. But the other fruits still remained unripe. I believe that the problem may have triggered this ripening but I wont be quite sure without additional materials.
1 comment:
helllo! you left a comment on my friendster blog. you have a very interesting page here as well...very informative. i think you are one heck of genius. :D
Post a Comment